Tuesday, June 28, 2011

6/27/11 Spaghetti & the new cat & weekend fun

This weekend we went to music in the park up in Denver to see a salsa band. Here's Willy & Audry getting ready to go dance.
We had a lot of fun with friends and Omar and picnicing & musicing & dancing in the park!
Also you may be wondering how Omar (our dog) and Oscar (our new mousing cat) are getting along. See for yourself!
Mostly they snuzzle each other a lot. I think they will be great friends.
But to the cooking! We had a lot of rain and cooler temperatures in the 70s today, so I decided to break out the spaghetti that I've been sort of meaning to cook for a long time.
Spaghetti is funny in that I really like it, but I always think it doesn't sound apt.
Anyway, I made my own sauce in the crock pot in the afternoon ahead of time- GOOD IDEA because all the juices and flavors just simmered into a wonderful goodness.
Ingredients: 2 cans of crushed tomatoes (fire roasted), one can of tomato paste, some Italian Seasoning blend, some garlic, salt & pepper, a splash of balsamic vinegar, and a good healthy dose of red cooking wine. Oh, and of course, a pound of ground buffalo that I browned before putting in the pot.
Does that not look amazing? Well, it was. Then I made noodles....
And the final product sprinkled with a little grated parmesean? Ta Da!
The perfect compliment? A glass of sangiovese cabernet blend.
Flavor explosions of happiness in your mouth. I ate too much.