Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Very Long Sunday

This last Sunday we basically attempted to conquer the world. We wanted to see just how much fun stuff we could get into a day. And it was great!
Although I am not sure I want to do it all the time...
First we went for a hike up to Devil's Head at the westernmost border of Douglas County. When I told Audry we were hiking, she got really excited. Last week we went up Mt Evans and she thought that was just the greatest.

She insisted that she "yalk" by herself.

We were fully equipped to carry her in her "rider" but when Audry was tired of "yalk", she wanted to ride up daddies head. (note the empty baby carrier I am wearing)

Pretty much the whole way up. And the hike is mainly up. But Willy was a good sport.

The views are pretty awesome from up there.

At the top of the mountain is a meadow with this something like 200 stair staircase going UP UP UP again

To a fire lookout tower. Here's me and Audry at the top!

When we got finished admiring the view,

we enjoyed a quick picnic before heading back down.

Fun day for Audry.... and it's only just begun!


So then, we got back to the house, packed up a picnic, and headed up to Denver for Jazz in the Park!
Audry loved it.

I forgot her shoes, completely by accident, I swear! When I realized, I thought maybe it would help keep her on our blanket, but... Nope.

She ran all over the place and visited everyone (with me chasing her)

Will enjoyed some stimulating conversation with our friends and Charlotte napped and was attacked by dogs.

Then Audry discovered the stage and danced the rest of the evening away to the Latin Jazz band.

When we left, she was exhausted and conked out as soon as her head rested. (I wish I would have gotten a picture!)
But here's a shot at the video I took of her dancing! (AK! It didn't work. I don't have all night to wait for the upload. ... errr. )
What a great day!