Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Grilled Salmon & Asparagus

I just had to post this, even though it was something we had last week and I just didn't get around to posting it last week. Because it was awesome. And we don't eat fish that often. In fact, this was so yummy, that I got more fish for this week (it's good for you afterall).... but a different kind to try.
Anyway. Charlotte said that she likes to eat fish, especially salmon, so when we were at the store, I thought, what the heck. As it turns out, they had in fresh sockeye salmon that I guess only comes in once a year. So I bought a big old slab of it and took it home.
Here it is, skin side down, getting ready for the grill!
I chopped up some fresh dill and minced garlic, and sliced up a pretty yellow lemon.
The I started with the garlic, and rubbed it in the fish. Then I liberally sprinkled dill over that.
Since I had a bunch of garlic, I decided to prep the asparagus, which I got for the extraordinary low price of $1.50 for the bunch! There is also some kosher salt and a generous dollop of olive oil on there.
Anyway, after that, the lemon slices went on the fish. Isn't it looking summery and scrumptious?
Incidentally, I forgot to salt the fish. In the end it didn't seem to matter, even to my salt-loving husband. Anyway, everything went on the grill. The grill was either on medium or low- I can't remember, until I could flake the fish easily with a fork. Oh, and the grill was closed, not like in the picture.
Finally, here it is on the table, ready for eating. And everyone had seconds, in spite of the little mini bones that we had to pick out. I made some rice pilaf and sliced extra lemons to go with it.
I would for sure eat it again!