Monday, July 18, 2011

Ten Days flies by!

I can't believe I haven't updated this blog in 10 days. That is pure craziness.
Of course, I have been living life and cooking this whole time.
Not to mention the slew of monsoon rainstorms that struck last week and flooded everything.
Including my back yard.
Oh, and my front yard too.
It only flooded for a few minutes, and the house is on high ground.
Still, it was pretty exciting.
In the last 10 days, Audry has eaten watermelon...

And shared it with Omar.

And the chickens.

And had a complete meltdown because her blanket didn't want to play nice with her (I think).

And helped daddy sharpen mommy's knives (yay daddy!)

And I did some cooking...
Marinated & grilled beef with caprese spirals.

Shrimp Pad Thai.

Chicken Enchiladas (some to take to a friend and some for me for the fridge to cook the next day)

Pork & Peaches (a variation on a latest summer favorite)

Shrimp Tacos.

And a bunch of stuff I didn't photograph.
And I also painted a room that will (hopefully soon be Willy's office) twice. Twice! Because I didn't like it the first time. (No pictures- sorry. When it is done...)
And we picked up Charlotte who is visiting from Paris for a month.
Whew!
I will try to be better about this!