Monday, July 4, 2011

7/3/11- Pasta Salad & playing naked outside

One thing that is really nice about being a baby is that you can go play naked outside and no one cares.
Audry loves being naked. And she loves playing outside (Ah-tide!). She also loves playing in the water.
What better use for her old baby bathtub and some tupperware?

Then she told me that my plants were thirsty and she wanted to help me water them. (You can barely see one of the chickens behind her)

What a little cutie pie.

The weather has been too hot to think about heavy dinner kinds of foods. I made pasta salad for lunch and let dinner work itself out later. Honestly, I haven't been posting much lately because we've been having things like hamburgers, sausages & beans, grilled mini filet mignon with tater tots... that kind of quick thing that doesn't require me to think about it in advance or turn on my oven.

But the pasta salad. I chopped up some green onions, a tomato & like 5 oz of salami. I defrosted some peas and opened a can of sliced olives. I found some parmesean cheese (shaved!) and there was a little mozzerella left from some other recipe. Isn't salami delicious? I haven't had any in a while.

I boiled some noodles. These are a fun multi-color mixed variety kind that are fun. I bought them because I thought Audry would eat them, but she will eat like 3 noodles and then she is done.

The dressing. It is lots of fresh basil & oregano, salt, pepper, & garlic awash in about a quarter cup of olive and walnut oils and a couple tablespoons of red wine vinegar.

Tossed together and stuck in the fridge to chill.

A yummy lunch worth coming in from the yardwork for.
And I was impressed, I really didn't get hungry for an afternoon snack or anything with this lunch. Was it the heat or the pasta & protein?